- A detailed understanding of the mobile technical landscape.
- You will need to have demonstrable domain expertise in hybrid development. Whilst being recognized as a technical SME, this role requires a solid understanding of the business and can successfully translate this knowledge into day-to-day decision-making.
- Establish close partnerships with relevant Platform Engineering and Operations colleagues to ensure alignment in all areas of development strategy, process, operational needs, DevOps culture and other areas relevant to excellence in the asset lifecycle of assets in the portfolio.
- Embrace a DevOps mentality and ensure the model’s success, build a culture of shared responsibility and transparency leading to higher quality and far quicker delivery of output. Take part in the culture of measurement, learning and feedback.
- Use industry standards and experience to ensure that security is a key part of projects from the beginning and that the project/program fully embraces a DevSecOps and shift-left on security mentality.
- Relevant experience as an information technology professional in roles such as a software architect and/or mobile developer, systems engineer, computer engineer, engineering lead, mobile technical team lead.
- Detail oriented, persistent, strong desire to produce quality mobile applications focused on user experience.
- Experience operating in a DevOps environment.
- Practice of modern software engineering, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and releasing.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as git.
- Deep understanding of object-oriented programming.
- Experience and knowledge of RESTful APIs.
- Deep understanding of the Ionic and Capacitor Frameworks.
- Experienced in Mobile UI, layout, Networking, Persistency, Performance, Push Notifications, Concurrency, Offline Storage and Security.
- Proven experience with successfully launched mobile applications.
- Experience with Atlassian (Jira, Confluence), GitHub, Amazon Web Services (AWS), and cloud application a bonus.
- Experience with a Mobile Device Management platform an asset.